Monday, September 5, 2016

Pretty Pastels - Lauren Tomecek

September already! Where has the year gone? Hopefully you've spent at least some of it getting to play with some Scrapmatts stencils and chipboard like me. :) My first project for this month is a wooden photo frame I've decorated. I gave it a quick coat of gesso to start with, then sponged on a few different shades of Distress Inks through a beautiful Scrapmatts stencil, finishing with a quick varnish spray to stop the inks smudging. The leaf sprays were the perfect accent to my flower clusters and then I just popped a Scrapword in the negative space of the photo.


Scrapmatts chipboard: CB1146 Leaf Spray 01 and CB1241 Scrap Words 27. Stencil: ST1011.


My second project is a card I made to say thanks to my manager who is leaving for a new position. I like the mix of grungy and feminine on this card, by combining the messy background with a big floral cluster.


Scrapmatts chipboard: CB6020 Words 06, CB5144 Layered Poinsettias 01, CB5142 Retro Squares 02. Stencil: ST1038.


Thanks for looking and don't forget to share your projects over at our Ning gallery too!

5 comments:

  1. Your frame looks wonderful.. what great colors and love the card, the squares are among my favourite chippies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 gorgeous projects, Lauren!
    The frame looks awesome as does your card.....loving the scrapmatts and the pop of colour the flowers bring to your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea to decorate the frame. Love the result. Stunning card too - I'm a big fan of the squares as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful frame and card...really love all the colors and stencil work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine both of your creations are gorgeous, I love the texture of the stencil show through the colours you have added.

    ReplyDelete